The Dark Shadow Shrine

embrace the darkness; that you may see the light nestled within it......

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Miss Japan a half-Indian beauty - and kick-boxer

Click HERE
Can be an interesting BANG for ur essay....on qns regarding prejudice or gender roles....

"When I came back to Japan, everyone thought I was a germ. Like if they touched me they would be touching something bad. But I'm thankful because that made me really strong."

I thought this was quite interesting cos....
-gender perception.....she is a kick-boxer, defying conventional perception of a beautiful woman...

-prejudice ....her representing her nation and won accolades abroad yet not getting support from her nation....consider the table-tennis team Olympic Silver Medalist feat in 2008 and the recent Joseph Schooling's triumph where some on social media commented that he is minority race, and does not look and talk like a  typical Singaporean...

Incidentally, this mixed blood or impure breed issue can be found in Harry Potter (Muggles and the mixed-blood Hermione) and the mutants in X-men.


  Qn:   Can prejudice ever be eliminated? (Cam. 2011)